Do you pay models the agreed rate, method, and timeframe?
Models are always paid the agreed rate (including agreed reimbursements) by the agreed method and within the agreed timeframe.
In writing before the shoot day:
- Indicate the fee for the planned work.
- Specify what (if anything) the model is expected to be reimbursed for, and what expenses they are expected to pay on their own. Don’t assume.
- Specify the method of payment (for example, cash, bank transfer, PayPal, etc)
- Specify when payment will be “sent”, and when it should be received by
- Have a policy for what happens when there are problems (for example, model provides incorrect bank details), and indicate expected resolution times.