Do you respect a model's choice to retract consent at any time?
Consent only exists in the moment, and can be retracted at any time.
Models understand that completing a full scene is required to be paid, but that the rate of pay may vary if they choose not to complete at the agreed level / sexual acts.
Clearly explaining the work (and providing examples) before the shoot day should eliminate most problem situations.
- Any time a model expresses concern about continuing before or during a scene, stop filming and respectfully discuss
- Accept that “no means no”
- Work to find common ground (ie, shoot what the model does find acceptable)
- If a model changes their mind during the scene, they should be given the option of destroying recorded media for a shoot that cannot be completed, while accepting no payment
- Consider that the model may feel guilty for changing their mind, and work to alleviate those feelings: the long term mental health of models should be a priority.