Do you have a high standard of STI testing, with shoots only proceeding with negative results?
The sexual health of models is paramount. While we all acknowledge that STI tests cannot be 100% effective in eliminating STI transmission, regular testing is a valuable tool to reduce disease spreading.
- Test for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Hep A, Hep B, Hep C, HIV, Syphilis, and Herpes (if lesions present)
- Require “all clear” STI test results on-paper before shoots commence
- Encourage models performing in a scene together to review each other’s STI test results
- Educate staff and crew on interpreting STI confusing results (for example, testing positive for antibodies for an STI can seem like a positive result to a lay person)
- Consider temporarily stopping producing shoots when there is a confirmed STI outbreak
- Have a qualified medical expert on-call to interpret ambiguous results
- Support models who test positive, to get treated and be re-tested – signpost them to local emotional support networks if needed
- Store STI test results securely and privately
For extra credit
- Pay up front or reimburse models for STI test results